Saturday, January 17, 2009

Now that I have opened the door

Now that I have started posting explaining why I get to stay home everyday I can freely post other things as they happen and I think about them.

Last weeks doctor visit brought a little surprise, I have a viral load for the first time in 4 years. I know, plenty of people everyday have viral loads but this was the first experience for me. Always one to look for the bright side of things. my first thougth was Yeah the VA can finally do blood test to determine which strain of HIV I have. Betcha didnt know there were more than one version, I don't even know how many there are. Frankly I quit searching for those answers a while back.
So anyway, back to the downside, I had to get test done to find out if I was able to take ANOTHER pill. This not only required paperwork being filled out, and people called for approval ( yeah and you want universal healthcare on the gov't model)) but a trip not to the blood drawing station within VA Bay Pines but to the actually lab. The room with all the microscopes and blood shakers and other stuff.
5 vials of blood were drawn, not those little ones like you usually get but long ones with new colored caps. Now I only have to wait a month to find out the results. one week down three to go. I am sure more about this will follow.

1 comment:

  1. I admire you for being so open and honest about your struggles with HIV. As I read your words, I also feel them, and a kind of dread settles inside me. Dread in that I put myself in your shoes and can not imagine the...realities you must struggle with on a daily basis.

    Thank you for sharing your journey. And I am gald we met in the insane Twitterverse! -ninjen

    ReplyDelete