Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.
(To do this, go to “notes” under tabs on your profile page, paste these instructions in the body of the note, type your 25 random things, tag 25 people (in the right hand corner of the app) then click publish.)
1. I became a grandfather at the age of 36
2. I have been married 2 times, once for nearly 8 years and once for less than 8 months.
3. The first school dance I went to was in 1977, we dance to the soundtracks of Sat Night Fever and Grease.
4. My first car was a piss green Gran Torino, which I wrecked not long after getting it. Only the nose was damaged and then replaced with a RED part. Sadly that never really earned it a nickname.
5. I have two daughters who are now both in their 20's.
6. I spent nearly 8 years on Active Duty in the Marine Corps, there I was an electrician on A-4 Skyhawks.
7. I come from Alabama but don't know how to play the banjo, I have had one on my knee before.
8. When I was 6 I wanted to grow up and be a Green Beret like John Wayne, then the summer before I turned 9 someone gave me the bood BATTLE CRY about USMC during WW2 and I knew that the Corps was for me. I never changed my mind after that, I left home for Boot Camp the day after I turned 18.
9. Is for the number of holes I have in my body from piercings.
10. I spent 6 months in the country of Panama in 1995. Right before I left I bought a new fangled computer called a laptop. it had a gray scale screen. The very next model was color and I was floored that they could make a color screen.
11. Is the number of Tattoo's I have
12. My great-grandfather fought in the War of Northern Aggression. He was captured three times, the first two they let him go, the third time he was kept in POW camp outside Chicago. Every time I go there I make sure to spit on the ground many times. I say this to explain why my second tattoo is that of the CSA Battle Flag (rebel flag for you that dont know).
13. I didn't meet someone who was either white or black until I was 13 years old. I was also 13 the first time I had Chinese food. By the way "soul food" is also known as Southern Cookin, what a shock when I found that out.
14. I actually used one of the first "cell phones" the military had. When I was stationed at KBAY Hawaii we used a cell phone that was on the same account as the Commander In Chief of the Pacific. Which meant that the people who used it to call the mainland at like $2.50 a minute really got their ass handed to them. Luckily I wasn't one of them.
15. The age I was when I first drove legally and also the year I got out of a speeding ticket when my mother took the fall.
16. I grew up in Greensboro, Alabama, and there are rumors that the Forrest Gump character was based on two different men from my home town. One actually rode a lawn mower around and I think I remember him. I also never lost the accent. But when I was growing up I caught shit for talking like a yankee, cause my mother was from Northern Virginia I guess.
17. The first dead body I saw was that of my Grandmother, I was in my 20's.
18. The best Valentines gift I ever received consisted items purchased at home depot and did involve tools or grills.
19. I got married my 19th birthday the first time. I would not recommend doing that to anyone now.
20. I waffle on whether I believe in spirits or not. I lean to the side of there is something in my apt that keeps knocking things over and making the pictures tilt to one side.
21. I was able to legally buy beer at 17 because I had a card saying I was going to leave soon for boot camp. Before that I stuck to stealing beer from my fathers garage fridge.
22. The first gun I owned was a .410 double barrel shotgun, this was later stolen by my second wife. I still avoid telling my father about that. It was my grandfathers, and also the first gun I fired when I was 5 or 6.
23. I had a left hip replacement at 41 years old. I still walk with a limp even though the VA says it is fixed just fine.
24. I use my real name on twitter, facebook and blogs because hiding behind a screen name is for pussy's.
25. I don't usually do these damn things but since everyone else was doing it I figured I would too. Tomorrow we are all jumping off a cliff. and the later we will go rattlesnake hunting.
did you really make it to the end. leave a comment even if its a cuss word or two. and notice I did the whole thing without trying to suck up to alison rosen at all.